Altimeter Group is a research-based advisory firm that helps companies and industries leverage disruption to their advantage.
Altimeter Group was formed in June 2008 by Charlene Li, a veteran technology and business analyst and co-author of the bestselling business book, “Groundswell: Living In A World Transformed By Social Technologies.”
Altimeter Group’s office, dubbed The Hangar, is located in San Mateo, California. At the Hangar, clients can safely learn about and experiment with new technologies. The Altimeter Group also hosts regular community events, training, and “unconferences” to bring in outside perspectives and provide further opportunities for learning.
The business philosophy and values of Altimeter Group are:
- Community is our strength. In a fast changing world, we can’t do what we do alone. Our extended community is a valued asset which we develop, nurture, and support.
- Balance provides perspective. We work to live, not live to work. We temper technology enthusiasm with realistic analysis to provide balanced research and recommendations.
- Objectivity builds trust. We will not accept payment for coverage. If conflicts of interest arise or exist, we will do our best to clearly disclosethem.
- Speed is a competitive advantage. We will research, write, and respond quickly to the changing landscape. We respond to our clients’ needs quickly and proactively engage them. It may not be pretty, it may not be perfect, but we will be there.
- Excellence is paramount. We understand the difference between excellence and perfection. We may compromise on perfection for speed, but excellence will always underlie our work.